We are pretty much settled in the new mission home and it feels so good to have some sense of order in our lives. The flood bins are finally emptied out. We are very grateful for the support of so many who have helped us move in. The neighborhood is very friendly. Our first week here, a cute young couple from next door came over to welcome us into the neighborhood. They gave us a bottle of wine to welcome us. I thanked them for it and invited them in and we began to visit. I explained to them why we were here and if they had heard of our church before. He said yes and that he had worked with some members before and he knew we didn't drink wine so as they were leaving he said he would take it back. He was very kind about it. We have some amazing neighbors and are excited to be here.
We have been blessed with absolutely incredible missionaries. How we love them and are grateful for who they are and how well they have been taught.
November 16th we had New Missionary Training where the new missionaries who have been out around 4 weeks come with their trainers and we meet with them and continue to help them learn and become effective missionaries. There was such a strong spirit in that meeting.
The week before that we were able to attend a Mission Presidents Seminar with all of the other mission presidents and their wives for training. It was such a spiritual feast to say the least!!! (No rhyming intended.).
October 24 we sadly said goodbye to three elders and three sisters. It can be hard to see them go.
Then this past week all of our family came for Thanksgiving. Liz received her endowments at the Dallas temple which is almost 4 hours away. Needless to say we are very very incredibly spoiled living in Centerville and having so may temples sooo close to our home. However, just being together was the best! Liz leaves January 17th for her mission to Tuscon Arizona. She will be a very powerful missionary and we couldn't be more excited for her. (The rest of the family stayed home the babies)
We are anxiously awaiting for December 1st to begin to help "Light the World" here with the missionaries in Houston. The work is truly progressing and we are seeing the positive effects of Hurricane Harvey as hearts have been softened and the example of "Mormon Helping Hands' has been influential.
I love you and appreciate all of your love and support and prayers which have carried us through, especially all of those weeks when it got a little wet. We were damp, but our spirits were not dampened because of your prayers and love. The Savior is mindful of us all.
I love the Savior, I love my family, I love our missionaries, I love Houston, and I love you!
#Liftandlove


